Thursday, December 17, 2009

Take Note (This is not a Biblescope) Just Thoughts

These verses caused me to break down and cry like I've not done in a long time. The first thing that made me take a deep breath was the Psalmist's thoughts from verses 40-46. Have you ever wondered why bad things happen to good people? Seriously! There are days when my pain is so great and I plead and cry out for God to heal me but he doesn't. From Psalm 106 & 107 there are some interesting thoughts that make for great meditation.

Trouble comes to people to make them humble. Hum! I'm the least humble person I know. Suffering draws us back to God and away from the secular allurements of the world. It seems when I need help God is so far from me. I'm also suppose to revive my prayers and their true purpose--to help others with needs. Suffering reminds me that God is the only one that can help me when I can't help myself. And when I can't take any more, I submit my will to Christ's and feel His compassion wash over me like a strong, warm wave at the beach.

When in distress, I wander and get lost until I call out from despair and sorrow in my soul. When I became foolish and rebellious, no matter how ungodly I acted, God breaks through my suffering and helps me.

God has done so much for me in 57 years. Some people don't believe one should talk about their illnesses as if it gives the disease or illness power. God wants us to stand and when we've done all else stand even if there's fear. Fear should not prevent us from facing sickness, disease, or even death. That's not so. I do believe certain people are chosen to suffer more than others as a testimony to God's compassion and power for our well-being. This sounds simple and maybe even foolish but I'll either be completely healed in present eternity or after death in the presence of God in future eternity. Healing now or healing in God's presence, there will be healing for Christians believing in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. The numbers in parentheses are counting the number of blessings and trials I've faced.

The life-threatening instances (1)began at birth. My mother was dying from a difficult 3-day labor. The doctor told my family he might be able to save me but not my mother. Divine intervention brought both of us through preparing my parents for another life-threatening illness. (2)When I was 3 years old, in February 1955, I contracted
poliomyelitis that led to encephalitis and a 7-day coma with relentless unrelenting fever as high as 105.6 degrees Fahrenheit. The doctors told my family there was nothing else they could do. They should do what was necessary for my "passing." On the 8th day I woke up and when I started the first grade, I went to school on my own. No crutches, no wheel chair! I walked to school and have been walking well until 1988. My family spent much time in prayer and faith, and this and God's mercy saved my life.

(3)My parents fought, Dad left for days and didn't even come home to get groceries. My Mom worked as a seamstress so she brought work home with her. When my father's alcoholism took great hold on him it affected the rests of us even now into adulthood. I left home to get away from alcoholism and the abuse that hurts so much. I could handle the physical pain but the emotional pain was the worst.

(4) I got married when I was 18 and had my first child when I was 19. This was an amazing moment to see the precious little life I'd carried for nine months. She became my very existence. We had fun everyday. She always woke up cheerful and happy. My second child was born a little more than 2 years later. When she was born my husband walked in one day and said, "I want a divorce. I don't love you. I never did." This almost did me in. The divorce end only after 4 years.

I met a wonderful man who told me he fell in love with me the minute he saw me and we were married 1 1/2 months later. We have been married 33 years working on 34 years. And I am blessed. He takes care of my every need. (5)You see, I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, an incurable debilitating disease--a chronic progressive entity. I also became depressed. I was 38 years old and I thought my life was over. I finally got a hold of the depression and went back to college. I got my MED in Technological Studies. I started teaching high school and I loved it! My fourth year teaching I developed Type II Diabetes and could no long stand on feet because of diabetic ulcers. I tried teaching at the college level in my mobility scooter for 3 years part-time but the stress was too much so, I've retired on disability.

In March of 2009, I thought I was going home to be with the Lord. I was admitted to St. Mary's Hospital, in a semi-comatose state that worsened. I was in kidney failure, had encephalitis, had pneumonia and a collapsed lung, had septicemia (strep infection in the blood), fever of 104.0 degrees Fahrenheit. There were other things wrong but I think you might get the picture. I was in the hospital for 1 month before going home. But I did go home. I'm taking care of my kidneys and my diabetic ulcers. And I'm praising God for all He's done for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger